Commercial Closing Services
Per the Pool and Hot Tub Alliance, when freezing temperatures are expected, an in-ground swimming pool or spa should be completely winterized by cleaning, balancing, and treating the swimming pool water and protecting the pool and equipment from weather related problems. It is necessary to winterize the plumbing and the equipment before it freezes. This is also a good time to check the functionality of all equipment to make sure everything is in safe and proper working order. After we have inspected the structure, plumbing, and equipment, we will make recommendations on any repairs that may be needed in the spring.
If a pool has been properly prepared and maintained during the winter months, it can be opened with relatively little effort the following season. If not, procedures may be complicated by problems such as; improper water chemistry, malfunctioning pump or heaters, and dirty filters. The equipment may need to be cleaned thoroughly or serviced prior to starting the circulation system.
Closing your swimming pool for the year should be handled by a professional. Our Certified Maintenance Specialists and Certified Service Technicians use only the industries best practices for closing your swimming pool.
What New Wave Pools LLC is going to do at the closing.
*Lowering the water in the pool below the equalizers and draining hot tubs prior to our arrival will keep the cost of the closing to minimum.
- Remove debris from pool
- Lower water level
- Test and adjust water chemistry
- Remove handrails and ladders
- Remove lights
- Raise deck anchors for safety cover
- Replace any return plates that are damaged
- Blow out all lines and add non-toxic antifreeze
- Install winter plugs
- Remove plugs from equipment and place in pump basket
- Remove pins from timers or disable automation controller
- Empty erosion feeder and leave the Chlorine pucks out to dry by the equipment
- Add closing chemicals
- Remove ORP and pH probes from automation system and seal in salt solution
- Turn power off to automation, pumps, heaters, lights, etc.
- Place winter cover on pool, replace any buckles or springs on safety covers, extract and replace any damaged brass anchors
- Make recommendations on any repairs that might be needed in the spring.
*Closings are completed on a time and materials basis.
- Service call fee $100.00
- Return trip fee $50.00
- Labor per hour per technician $100.00
- A minimum of a $100.00 service call fee and $100.00 labor fee will be incurred for closings
- Costs for any chemicals or parts are added to the final invoice
- Scheduling requires a deposit of $350.00